Evaluation of animal welfare with objective indicators and the development of practical strategies to improve the welfare of food, companion and zoo animals. Activities include applied research, educational programs and professional advice.
WHAT DE WE DO
Animal behaviour and welfare
- Animal welfare and its economic viability in intensive swine and bovine farms. Xavier Manteca, Alfred Ferret, Josep Gasa, Eva Mainau, Lorena Castillejos and Pol Llonch.
- Practice-led innovation supported by science and market-driven actors in the laying hen and other livestock sectors (HENNOVATION). Xavier Manteca and Déborah Temple.
- Welfare and health assessment of seized dogs. Xavier Manteca and Marta Amat.
- Effect of the knowledge bias of animal welfare and the quality of the swine final product. Xavier Manteca, Eva Mainau and Déborah Temple.
- Validation of hair cortisol as a measure of chronic stress in owned cats. Marta Amat and Xavier Manteca.
- Smarter pigs for better Welfare and performance. Pol Llonch and Xavier Manteca.