Study of the effects of changing the production system, feeding strategies or management (feeding systems, additives,…) on animal performance and health.
WHAT DE WE DO
Production efficiency and animal health
- Early determinism in piglets: An opportunity to modify the production performance after weaning. Study of the mechanisms of action. José Francisco Pérez, Susana Martín Orue, David Solà-Oriol and Pol Llonch
- Two possible tools to improve the adaptation of piglets at weaning: Optimization of the zinc status and olive fermentation ex polysaccharides. Susana Martín-Orúe and José Francisco Pérez
- Feeding management of high prolificity sows during gestation and lactation as a tool to optimize their welfare, longevity and production costs. Josep Gasa and David Solà-Oriol
- Experimental and industrial development of smart foods (SMARTFOODS). Susana Martín-Orúe and Lorena Castillejos
- Study of the efficacy of feed ingredients in the prevention of bacterial infections in a weaned piglet model (INCOME). Susana Martín-Orúe, Lorena Castillejos and Eva Mainau
- European network on the factors affecting the gastro-intestinal microbial balance and the impact on the health status of pigs (PiGutNet). José Francisco Pérez and Susana Martín Orue.
- Study of the effects of soluble fibers on the microbial population structure of human feces fermented in vitro. María Rodríguez-Prado and Sergio Calsamiglia.
- Competitiveness of dairy farms: From data to decisions. Sergio Calsamiglia, Lorena Castillejos and María Rodríguez-Prado.
- Evaluation of the limiting factors for growth and fattening of pigs in commercial conditions. Josep Gasa and David Solà-Oriol.